Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Secret Recipe: Live... to have FUN

Good Morning :) I worked on this fun layout last night and wanted to share a little technique using some new Glimmer Glaze. I pulled out some bits and piece I had left from my Lily Bee stash and got to work. I first laid it out and thought "it's missing something". So I got a little container out of the cupboard and drew circles. Then I used the Glimmer Glaze. The instructions are below.

Here is my finished layout. This is my 2 kids and my cousins son (safely) running after a train. We just got a friend off and they thought it would be fun to run after it so I snapped a picture.

I love the little sticker from the Domestic Bliss Line that says "Secret Recipe" and then I used the "Live..." rubon from that line too.

Then I cut out a t & o to make the word "to" and found the word "have" and used thickers for the word "Fun". So the title reads "Secret Recipe: Live... to have Fun". The black scallop border is from the packaging of the rubons.

This is a close up of the embellishment I used.

First I started by laying it all out. Then I lightly traced the circles where I wanted them.

Here is the container and Glimmer Glaze I used. The color us waterfall.

Then I took the paint brush and went arond the ledge of the container.

Then placed on the cardstock. ** make sure you erase the pencil mark first**

Here is the finished circle. I then stitched around the inside to make it pop.


Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of the elements and fun detailing that you packed into this layout. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete